Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lucky 13

Today is our Anniversary. Yep it's been 13 years! How is that possible? One day it feels like we just met and the other it feels like we have been together forever (that's not always a bad thing). :) Last Friday, we went on a date for our anniversary. We did a little shopping, ate at the Cheesecake Factory (for me) and then went to a movie (for him). We hardly get out with just each other, so it was nice.
So some of you may be wondering some lessons that I might have learned in 13 years of marriage. Well, I don't know if I learned anything big but I did learn a little lesson each year.
Here they are...
Year 1. It is really nice to married to a man who makes the bed every day.
Year 2. Always listen to your hubby when he tells you to go to the doctor. If I hadn't, I might be skinny, but I would be without 3 beautiful children and have a goiter the size of a baseball.
Year 3. Saving up for a house is worth it.
Year 4. Having a husband who makes the bed at all is only something that happens the first year of marriage.
Year 5. A child can bring even more love into a home.
Year 6. Follow your husbands promptings to sell your house. It is for the best sometimes.
Year 7. Rediscover each other.
Year 8. The seven year itch is real, but it can be overcome.
Year 9. Cooperation really works with 2 kids.
Year 10. We really do listen to one another.
Year 11. Building a house isn't that hard when you refer to 10.
Year 12. Having a baby and knee surgery in the same year could only work with the help of a good man.
Year 13. They really were not kidding when they said that communication is key.
What I can say is that I am glad to have this amazing man in my life. We have had a lot of great times and some not so great times but I would not change a thing! All of our times together have been worth it as long as he has been by my side!
I love you, Ryan! We have been counseled to find joy in our lives. You are mine. Happy Anniversary!

7 comments:

Lott said...

Congratulations! Kurt & I had our 18th 2 days ago. We played Mexican Train and had treats.

Love your list.

jeannie said...

Super cute list! Happy Anniversary!
Hope you had a great and hot and steamy night :)

Smartee said...

Wow,13 years! Congrats! I love your list of things you've learned.

Unknown said...

wow, 13 years it sure doesn't seem that long since you joined our family and we are so blessed you did. I love the picture of you and Ryan it is adorable. Congrats to both of you.

Well all love you

Crysty said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute post! I may steal the format in December! ;o)

Juliann said...

You are so dang cute! I loved the 13 years of married advice. I can still remember when he brought you to our house and introduced us to you in our basement. We knew you were a keeper from day one! You have such an awesome family! Sure glad you two meet. See you soon.

JaMie HeApS said...

LOVE, LOVE the year step by steps, you too are perfect for each other and both looking foxyer then ever. miss you guys.