Friday, October 5, 2007

What I love about the Fall

I am so happy that fall is here. It starts when the kids go back to school, but I really don't feel it until Ryan's birthday on the 26th. I love that we have such a great correlation between his birthday and a wonderful season.
Here are some things that I love about the fall. I love the perfect balance of light and dark outside. I love the smell of the air. Here in Idaho, we have so many fires in the summer that by the end of August the air is saturated with smoke! When September comes, the cooler and crisper air helps put the fires out and pushes all of the smoke away. I love the changing of the leaves. I also love when you catch a single leaf falling from a tree. I love the crunching sound of the leaves as you walk on them. But, my most FAVORITE thing of the fall is...
The Harvest Moon. This year the Harvest Moon was on Ryan's birthday and I didn't have time to take a picture, to please forgive this picture. This year's Harvest Moon did not fail to impress me again. I love to just stare at it! I also appreciate that I have a perfect view of the rising moon out our upstairs window. I look at the world around me and see such beautiful things and wonder how anyone could not believe that God created this all. When I see how beautiful these things are, it makes me excited to see what it all will look like in the next life.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Hey miss I love the new background. it's beautiful and very FALL-ish! Kyle and I love fall too. We miss it. It was 90* outside today. Blasted!!
So we try and do what we can by decorating and lighting pumpkin spice candles to set the fall mood. I think the thing we miss most is driving the Alpine Loop in Utah and gathering pretty leaves for our home.

JaMie HeApS said...

OH I SO LOVE THOSE THINGS TO FALL IS MY ALL TIME FAV. TIME OF THE YEAR AND THOSE PICS GOREOUSE.
I LIKE THE BACK GROUND!!