Monday, August 18, 2008

Carter's Teeth

As many of you know, and some of you may not, we have had A LOT of problems with Carter's teeth. He has had to go under TWICE to have the dentist fix multiple teeth at one time. Well, for the past two years Carter hasn't had any cavities! Which totally rocks! But, with that being said, it doesn't mean that we haven't had any problems. Last night Carter said that his tooth was hurting and I examined it with my professional eye. He brushed his teeth and used some ACT mouth wash and we flossed his teeth. I then gave him some Advil and put him to bed. I told him that if his tooth still hurt in the AM, we would take him to the dentist. He woke up this morning and said his gums still hurt and Yada, Yada, Yada... he had an abscess tooth. I had to take him to the dentist and they had to pull it. Good news is it was a baby tooth, bad news is, he won't get his permanent tooth for another couple of years. Oh, well!
Now, if you are interested in the yada, yada part, you will have to give me a call. It is pretty horrific. I mean gross, like horror movie gross and I thought I would spare you all the details. If you are into horror, give me a call and I will gladly share the details with you because misery loves company!

5 comments:

Crysty said...

Poor kid! YOUCHY!

Lott said...

Cooper has dealt with that...YUCK! I hate tooth drama.
Was it a back tooth?

ps. Thanks for thinking of me. You're the best cheerleader ever!

jeannie said...

Poor Carter he is one tough cookie! He sure is handsome even with some teeth issues!

Smartee said...

I think I will pass on the details. Poor kid! I hope he is feeling better now though! Teeth problems are the worst!

JaMie HeApS said...

i do remeber those teeth problems the poor kid. wich reminds me i need to take my kids in.