Friday, February 27, 2009

My Newest Project

This is a continuation of last week's project. When I purchased the place mats at Walmart, they came with these "dish towels". I put the dish towels in quotes because they were too square to be dishtowels. After I made the purses, I was looking around on-line to find a pattern to make an apron and found directions on how to make an apron out of a cloth napkin. The towel was a little smaller, but worked. So, here is the finished product...
Here is the Napkin, before...And, after...



Liz was over here yesterday and we made another purse. Here are some pictures of the process if you didn't understand the written directions below. I'm a visual person, so here are some visual instructions.









If you want directions on how to make a napkin apron, click here. She has a few different aprons you can make. I liked the bigger sash from a different apron, so I combined two different aprons to make mine. Happy Sewing!!!!

4 comments:

Lott said...

Your apron is super cute. Great job!

Smartee said...

I didn't know you were so crafty! Nice work!

jeannie said...

Look at you go girl! I LOVE the apron! That is adorable! Now you will fit right in if you come and visit me in Utah. Make sure to bring the apron :)

JaMie HeApS said...

fancy smancy!!! just wondering what are you wearing under the apron?